Senator Stabenow Statement on House Passage of the Build Back Better ActFriday, November 19, 2021
Senator Stabenow released the following statement after the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Build Back Better Act.
“The pandemic has been very hard on Michigan families. Since the beginning of the year, I’ve partnered with President Biden to deliver vaccines, cut taxes and secure funding to reopen our schools safely. Thanks to these actions, our economy is getting back on track and people are going back to work, even as we continue to face disruptions in our supply chain and increased costs due to COVID-19.
“Our Build Back Better Act will lower the cost of the things that worry families and keep people up at night like prescription drugs and child care. It will cut taxes for Michigan families and invests in the future for our children. And we are going to pay for this by requiring the wealthiest Americans and largest corporations to just pay their fair share of taxes.
“I am fully committed to passing the Build Back Better Act in the Senate.”
The Build Back Better Act includes key priorities for Michigan:
- Lowers the cost of prescription drugs including capping the cost of insulin at $35 per month.
- Provides free pre-school for all 3- and 4-year-olds in Michigan.
- Invests in electric vehicles and clean energy manufacturing jobs here in America.
- Cuts taxes for Michigan families such as extending the expanded Child Tax Credit and Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Ensures Michiganders can get high-quality care at home and that their caregivers receive better pay and benefits.
- Makes critical investments to help us combat the climate crisis.
Next Article Previous Article