ICYMI: Stabenow Holds Six Workforce Discussions across State, Highlights Great Lakes Restoration Success Stories
Stabenow also continued her small business visits, marking the 120th stop of her statewide tourFriday, September 08, 2017
Throughout the month of August, U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) held a series of workforce discussions focused on how to better fill the demand for skilled workers in Michigan and provide professional career and training opportunities for students who don’t choose a four-year college path after high school or workers who want to be retrained for new jobs. The six discussions with business and labor leaders, as well as parents, students, and educators, were held at the Detroit Electrical Industry Training Center in Warren, Mott Community College’s Regional Technology Center in Flint, the Michigan Laborer’s Training and Apprenticeship Institute in Perry, Kent Career Technical Center in Grand Rapids, Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City and Northern Michigan University in Marquette.
Stabenow also spent August highlighting Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) success stories across Michigan and the importance of federal funding to protect our lakes and waterways. Stabenow authored the GLRI in 2010 and is leading the bipartisan effort to stop proposals to eliminate funding for the Initiative next year. She highlighted the success of projects in Wayne, Kalamazoo, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, and Ishpeming.
In case you missed it, please see coverage from her workforce discussions, Great Lakes events, and small business visits below.
- Marquette Mining Journal: Stabenow touts better training for trades in visit to UP
- Michigan Radio: Finding new jobs for younger Michiganders
- WWTV TV 9 & 10: Sen. Stabenow Plans to Reintroduce Bill Expanding Programs For Skilled Trades Training
- WSJM Radio: Stabenow talks jobs training in Michigan
- WLUC TV 6: Stabenow wraps up workforce tour at NMU
- WJMN TV 3: Sen. Stabenow continues UP visit
GREAT LAKES RESTORATION SUCCESS STORIES
- Hometownlife: Stabenow visits Wayne to highlight success in improving waterways like the Rouge River
- WWTV TV 9 & 10: U.S. Senator Stabenow Visits Boardman River Restoration Project
- Interlochen Radio: Interlochen Radio: Stabenow talks boardman dam, Great Lakes funding
- WBUP TV 10: Senator Stabenow talks GLRI with local officials
SMALL BUSINESS / MANUFACTURING VISITS
- Midland Daily News: Sen. Stabenow visits three downtown businesses
- Cadillac News: Sen. Stabenow meets with Cadillac manufacturers
- Battle Creek Enquirer: Stabenow on the Growing Small Businesses Act
Next Article Previous Article