Senators Stabenow and Peters Announce Over $600,000 for Southeast Michigan Fire DepartmentsTuesday, September 05, 2023
WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senators Debbie Stabenow (MI) and Gary Peters (MI) today announced that several Southeast Michigan fire departments will receive a total of $689,407 in federal funding from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The funding comes from the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) and Fire Prevention and Safety Grant programs.
“Our firefighters put their lives on the line to protect our families, homes, and communities,” said Senator Stabenow. “These new resources will help keep the public safe and give our first responders the training and equipment they need to do their jobs more safely and effectively.”
“Firefighters play an essential role in our communities and work tirelessly to protect Michiganders’ lives and property,” said Senator Peters. “This funding will ensure that fire departments have the federal resources they need to keep our communities safe and to do their jobs safely and effectively.”
- City of Auburn Hills will receive $69,091 to purchase new self-contained breathing apparatuses.
- Bloomfield Township will receive $133,427 to purchase physical and cancer screenings and implement a fitness program for staff.
- City of Allen Park will receive $75,352 to purchase 3 sets of thermal imaging equipment for fire and emergency situations and 2 sets of extrusion equipment to go on fire engines.
- City of Dearborn will receive $70,044 to implement a citywide risk assessment review and development of contingency plan.
- South Lyon Fire Department will receive $18,857 to purchase fire safety and prevention materials.
- Armada Fire Department will receive $28,840 to purchase 3 thermal imaging cameras.
- City of Ferndale will receive $180,413 to improve operations and safety.
- City of Lincoln Park will receive $113,383 to improve operations and safety.
More information about these grants can be found at: https://www.fema.gov/grants/preparedness/firefighters.
Next Article Previous Article