Senator Stabenow Announces Over $500,000 for Rural Communities Across MichiganThursday, November 10, 2022
WASHINGTON D.C. - U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, today announced $572,050 to support rural communities across Michigan. These funds come from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Community Facilities Direct Loan & Grant Program, secured by Senator Stabenow in the 2018 Farm Bill.
“Our local officials and public service workers work hard every day to make our communities better, safer places to live. This funding invests in rural Michigan so our first responders have the equipment, vehicles, and tools they need to do their jobs,” said Senator Stabenow.
The following communities will receive funding from the Community Facilities Direct Loan & Grant Program:
- Bay County: Hampton Charter Township will receive $16,900 to purchase an emergency response vehicle.
- Clare County: Garfield Township will receive $64,500 to purchase a self-contained breathing apparatus and an air compressor for the township fire department.
- Gladwin County: Secord Township will receive $9,000 to purchase a rescue drone and camera for the law enforcement department.
- Gladwin County: will receive $17,600 to purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
- Gladwin County: The City of Galdwin will receive $30,900 to purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
- Gratiot County: Mid Michigan Community Fire Board will receive $50,000 to purchase a fire engine truck.
- Houghton County: Hancock will receive $25,100 to purchase a purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
- Houghton County: The City of Houghton will receive $23,900 purchase a purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
- Houghton County: Houghton County Road Commission will receive $53,600 to purchase a pavement roller and asphalt soil gauges. This equipment builds and maintains roads throughout Houghton County.
- Houghton County: The City of Houghton will receive $58,800 to purchase a medium sized excavator for the Public Works Department.
- Huron County: Harbor Beach Area District Fire Department will receive $31,750 to purchase water rescue equipment. This equipment has become an essential addition for the fire department's existing inventory since the Coast Guard shut down their local office.
- Jackson County: Springport Township will receive $19,800 to purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
- Lenawee County: Blissfield will receive $13,300 to purchase a truck for the Department of Public Works.
- Newago County: Grant will receive $26,800 to purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
- Montcalm County: Lakeview will receive $33,800 to purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
- Osceola County: Reed City will receive $33,600 to replace a high mileage vehicle originally purchased in 2006. The new vehicle will provide more safe and reliable service to the community.
- Sanilac County: Croswell will receive $36,800 to purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
- Sanilac County: will receive $15,300 to purchase a 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD for the Drain Commission/Maintenance Department.
- Shiawassee County: Owosso will receive $10,600 to purchase a law enforcement vehicle.
Next Article Previous Article