Skip to Content

Agency Assistance

Senator Stabenow's office is happy to help constituents with casework, which is any problem involving a federal department or agency. These are either departments of the President's Cabinet (e.g., Dept of Treasury, Dept of Health and Human Services, Dept of Veterans Affairs) or independent agencies (like the EPA or the EEOC).

A number of regulations restrict what federal agencies are able to do. I cannot ask agencies to ignore these regulations, or make exceptions that would violate the law. I can, however, ask that your rights are respected and that the procedures are followed correctly.

Due to the separation of powers, Senator Stabenow's office is unable to help you with problems that are not related to federal agencies. Here are some common non-federal issues, and information on where to go for help:

Workers' Compensation (unless it involves a federal agency, like the Postal Service) - contact your State Representative or State Senator.

Family Independence Agency (includes Child Protective Service, Medicaid and financial assistance) - contact your State Representative, State Senator, or FIA directly.

Friend of the Court (Child support, visitation, and custody)- Unless it is an interstate child support case, please contact your State legislators or the State Court Administrator's Office, Friend of the Court Bureau at (517) 373-4835.

Tenant/Landlord Issues - Contact your State Representative or State Senator. They have excellent resources to help you resolve your problem. You might also consider looking in the Yellow Pages for a Housing Resource Center in your area.

Legal Issues - involving either the state or federal judiciary. In these cases, you may wish to contact an attorney. The State Bar of Michigan operates an attorney referral service, which you can access by calling (800) 968-0738. Some services may be available free or at reduced costs for low-income persons.

If you are sure your case relates to a federal department or agency, you can fill out the form below to open your case online.


* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

(e.g., Ms./Mrs./Mr.)
Please click on arrow to view list.
Please type the name of the agency with which you are having trouble
Please describe your problem and what steps you have already taken

Flint/Saginaw Bay Office
432 N. Saginaw St, Suite 301
Flint, MI 48502
Phone: (810) 720-4172
View District News

Mid-Michigan Office
Senator Debbie Stabenow
221 W. Lake Lansing Road, Suite 100
East Lansing, MI 48823
Phone: (517) 203-1760
View District News

Northern Michigan Office
3335 S. Airport Road West, Suite 6B
Traverse City, MI 49684
Phone: (231) 929-1031
View District News

Southeast Michigan Office
719 Griswold St., Suite 700
Detroit, MI 48226
Phone: (313) 961-4330
View District News

Upper Peninsula Office
1901 W. Ridge
Marquette, MI 49855
Phone: (906) 228-8756
View District News

Washington, DC Office
Senator Debbie Stabenow
731 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-4822
TTY: (202) 224-2066

Western Michigan Office
3280 E. Beltline Court NE, Suite 400
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Phone: (616) 975-0052
View District News

Contact Us

Email Me     DC Office Info